Analysis of the influence of rosin on offset printing ink
First, the national ink industry brief.
1. According to preliminary information from all parties, the total output of printing ink in China was 650 thousand tons in 2011, and the growth rate was 10%. Among them, offset ink accounted for 53% of total, gravure ink 36%, flexo printing ink 8%, screen printing and inkjet printing ink 3%.
At present, the main application fields of ink in China have changed from traditional books and newspapers to commodity packaging. The goal of the "12th Five-Year" development plan of China's packaging industry is that the output value of China's packaging industry will reach or exceed 20000 billion yuan during the period of "12th Five-Year", double the "11th Five-Year", and the packaging industry will continue to develop rapidly. So the demand for ink will also grow at the same time.
2. The gap between the domestic ink and the European and American countries.
First, the differences in the concept of packaging culture lead to differences in ink development. Europe and the United States and other countries on packaging first emphasized environmental protection and green printing. Flexo printing, which is known as the "most environmentally friendly printing mode" by the industry, accounts for its main share. According to the latest news of the Japanese print information: the soft packaging market share of soft printing, 75% in North America, 82% in South America, and 57% in Europe, but this data is far below the average level in our country. 2 main reasons:
(1) the difference in printing quality. Compared with offset printing, there is a big gap between colorful, exquisite, realistic, high level and high fidelity. In particular, packaging, the Chinese people to treat commodity packaging is first required to be exquisite and deluxe packaging, which is difficult to achieve, so it can only be mainly used in cartons, ordinary handbags, paper cups and other low grade packaging. In the early 1990s, a large-scale import of narrow-width flexo printers was booming in China, but at present most of the narrow-width flexo printers are idle. This phenomenon is similar to that in Japan. Offset printing and gravure printing are the main printing methods in Japan.
(2) high comprehensive cost. Compared with offset printing, flexographic printing costs much more than offset and gravure printing in terms of purchase, efficiency, printing plate and ink. In the fierce competition in the printing and packaging market, there are only a few special printing and packaging enterprises with strong social responsibility, such as some multinational companies, such as Shanghai international paper industry.
The two is the difference in the rigidity of environmental protection. Although China's laws and regulations on food, drugs, toys, textbooks and other printing and packaging requirements are increasingly strict, but there is still a gap in law enforcement, and enterprise self-discipline is still different. At the same time, the progress of the major varieties is also uneven, in which the offset printing ink has progressed rapidly. At present, the standard varieties of soybean oil, such as aromatics, ROSH and EN71, are widely carried out, and the intaglio printing ink is relatively lagging, the benzol containing varieties are still in production, the detection of the residual solvents in the printing products is not strict, the law enforcement is great, and the printing ink copies are printed. The amount is very small and does not play a big role.
The three is the gap in technology. This gap is not large. The major domestic ink plants, such as waterborne intaglio inks, waterborne intaglio inks, LED and EB inks, are also in the first time, and the technology is basically synchronized, only the commercial gap of the products.
3. The introduction of offset ink. In 2011, the sales of offset printing ink in China was about 350 thousand tons. Rosin modified phenolic resin is one of the main raw materials for offset printing ink. The average proportion of rosin in offset printing ink is about 20%. According to this ratio, in addition to the ink factory or resin factory made of rosin modified phenol formaldehyde resin export sales, roughly Statistics National ink industry annual consumption of rosin is about 7 to 80 thousand tons.
In the past 5 years, the largest share of offset ink in the total amount of ink will not change, but the percentage share will shrink. Because UV ink, gravure ink growth rate will be greater than offset printing ink.
At present, the domestic large offset printing ink plants have generally obtained the certification of China's environmental marking products, SONY green partners and the American Soybean Oil Association SOYAIL, all of which focus on the implementation of aromatics, heavy metals, bromides and vegetable oils.
4. The effect of rosin on the cost of offset ink. The average purchase price of rosin in 2011 was 140% higher than that in 2009. The single rosin factor resulted in a 20% increase in the total cost of offset printing ink. Among them, offset ink has risen by only 5% on average, and the rise of other raw materials has brought unprecedented pressure on the cost of offset ink.
In 2011, although there is no comprehensive statistical data, the sharp decline in offset printing ink is a common phenomenon, and more than ten thousand tons of pure production offset ink plants have even dropped by more than 80%. There are more small offset printing ink factories starting from the second half of 2010.
According to the statistics of Japan Printing Ink Industry Federation, rosin ring increased by 17% in 2011, rosin modified phenolic resin ring increased by 26%.
How to reduce cost is an urgent task for offset printing ink factories.
Four. Analysis of factors affecting the use of rosin in the printing industry
Although the offset ink still occupies the largest share of the total amount of ink at the present stage, the influence factors are becoming stronger and stronger, and the use of rosin in offset ink is also affected.
1, UV ink suddenly rises, gravure ink grows very fast.
UV ink is made from liquid prepolymer, monomer, pigment, supplement, photoinitiator and so on. The photoinitiator is then separated into free radicals when ultraviolet light is transmitted at appropriate wavelengths and light intensity. These radicals can then initiate unsaturated groups on the prepolymer and monomer to undergo rapid addition polymerization. So the coating will quickly transform into an insoluble cross-linked network structure, so that the pigment is fixed on the substrate.
UV ink is compared with offset ink